What is a subscription?
A subscription is a more flexible way to buy software. You can sign up for a monthly or yearly contract. During the subscription period:
- you have access to the software
- you can request support
- and you can upgrade to the latest version
At the end of the contract term your subscription is renewed automatically, unless you've cancelled your subscription.
What are the benefits of named user subscriptions?
Your subscription is linked to your Esko ID, this has a few benefits:
- No activations, no keys, no HTML files
- Users always have guaranteed access to the software (also when traveling or at home,...)
- Administrators can track and manage their subscriptions through an online portal
- Administrators can manage worldwide teams: there are no site restrictions
What is Esko ID?
Esko ID is the one account that gives you access to all Esko services and your software subscriptions. It is based on your email address, so it’s easily remembered.
You can find all information on Esko ID and how to get one here:
Questions about purchasing
Which products are available as subscription?
- All products are also available with perpetual licenses
- i-cut Layout Essential and i-cut Preflight remain available with local subscriptions
- ArtPro, DeskPack PowerLayout for Illustrator, DeskPack PowerTrapper for Illustrator, PackEdge and Plato are not available with subscriptions
What types of subscription plans are available?
You can choose between:
- Monthly plans: you can cancel at the end of every month (only available via the Esko Store).
- Yearly plans: you commit for a full year, but you can choose to pay monthly, or for the full year in advance.
In which regions are subscriptions available?
Subscriptions can be purchased in the Americas (except for Brazil), Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
Can I try the software before purchasing?
Yes you can. Esko offers a 30-day trial for most of its products, you can download the product that you want to try out from esko.com. If you've purchased a subscription after doing a trial, you just need to sign in with your Esko ID (no need to reinstall the software).
When does my subscription start?
The start date of your subscription is the date that we register your payment (not the date that the software is installed):
- If you pay via credit card, your subscription starts immediately.
- If you pay via wire transfer, this may typically take a couple of business days after you executed your payment. Your subscription will be renewed on the same day of the month when it was started.
What type of support is included in a subscription?
A subscription includes:
All updates (minor releases) and upgrades (major releases).
Telephone and remote support (one hour response time).
Can I upgrade to a higher edition of a product?
Yes, you can:
- Go to My Store Account > My Software Subscriptions
- Select the order you want to upgrade and click 'Manage subscriptions'
- Choose the subscription(s) you want to upgrade and the edition you want to upgrade to and click 'upgrade subscription'
- You will receive an e-mail with the instructions to start using the new functionality shortly
We will charge the pro-rated amount for the remaining period of the contract (in number of days), taking into account what you've already paid for that same period:
- If you pay via credit card, we will charge you the next day. As of next month/year, we'll charge the full price of the higher edition
- If you pay via wire transfer, we will send you an invoice with the pro-rated amount. All next invoices will contain the full price of the higher edition
- You've purchased a subscription to an Essentials-edition (€30 per month) on the 1st of January.
- On the 1st of April you pay the renewal fee of €30, and on the 11th of April you decide to upgrade to the Advanced-edition (€90 per month)
- For the remaining days in April, you need to pay €60 (=€90*20/30). Since you've already paid €20 (=€30*20/30), we will charge you €40.
- As of the 1st of May, we charge €90 per month
Only yearly contracts can be upgraded
If you have a monthly contract for a product and you want to use functionality from a higher edition, we advise to cancel your current subscription and buy a new monthly subscription.
Questions about payments
Which payment methods are available?
The following payment methods are available:
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Wire transfer (bank transfer)
Can I change the payment method of a running subscription?
- It is possible to change from wire transfer to credit card
- It is not possible to change from credit card to wire transfer
How can I change my credit card details?
You can update your credit card details on My Store Account. The next time a payment is due, your new credit card will be charged.
For more information, see:
What payment reference do I need to provide?
If you pay via bank transfer, you need to provide the payment reference which you can find on your invoice (PDF file). This is to make sure we can register your payment correctly, and renew your license timely.
A payment reference looks like PIP1234567.
Questions about renewals
How can I renew my subscription?
Subscriptions are renewed automatically as long as you don't cancel.
When a renewal is due,
- your credit card will be charged, if you pay via credit card.
- you will receive the next invoice, if you pay via wire transfer.
Once the renewal payment is registered, your license will be valid for the new payment period (you do not need a new license). At the time of renewal, your computer needs to be online to make sure the software continues working.
What if my subscription doesn't get renewed?
If you didn't cancel, your subscription should be renewed automatically. It can happen though that something goes wrong while processing the payment for the next period, and that we didn't renew your subscription in time.
You can check the payment status of your invoices on My Store Account.
If all payments are registered and your subscription shows as renewed on My Store Account, but it is still expired on your computer, you can do the following:
- Go to MySoftware.esko.com/subscriptions
- Unassign the subscription and assign it again
- Launch the software and sign in again with your Esko ID
If this doesn't help, please contact Esko Support.
Questions about cancellations
How can I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription on My Store Account.
For more information, see:
If I sign up for a yearly plan, can I cancel after a couple of months?
No, when you cancel your subscription during the year, it will stay active for the remaining period and you will still be charged for the remaining period. When the year is finished, your subscription will stop.
If you are not sure whether you can commit to a full year, you can sign up for a monthly plan.
Questions about MySoftware (assigning subscriptions)
Where can I manage my team's subscriptions?
You can manage your subscriptions online on MySoftware.esko.com/subscriptions (You need to sign in with your Esko ID).
On this management portal, you have two different views:
- Unassigned subscriptions: per order you can see which subscriptions are still available and for which product, so you can assign them to your users.
- Assigned subscriptions: per user you can see which subscriptions he/she has, since when, whether he's actually signed in and on which computer.
|In this view...||You can see...|
What if I don't have access to my subscriptions?
Access to the 'subscription management'-pages is restricted, and by default only the person who ordered the subscriptions can also manage them on MySoftware (this is the person who also receives all e-mails concerning the subscription order).
If someone else needs to manage your company's subscriptions, you can contact Esko Support to give him/her access as well.
On MySoftware, you will only see the subscriptions linked to your Esko company code.
If your Esko ID is linked to a different company than, please contact Esko Support.
How can I assign a subscription?
- Go to MySoftware.esko.com/subscriptions > Unassigned subscriptions.
- Select the product and click Assign.
- Fill in the e-mail address of the user, (you can add a comment if you want) and click Assign.
- The user will receive an e-mail with the download link, and you will see that this user is added to the Assigned subscriptions view.
Can I assign a subscription to a user without Esko ID?
Yes, a user needs an Esko ID to start using the software, but you can perfectly assign subscriptions to users that don't have an Esko ID yet. In that case the invitation e-mail will also contain the instructions to create one.
This Esko ID is automatically linked to the same Company Code as your Company Code and the user doesn't need to confirm his Esko ID anymore.
How can I unassign a subscription?
- Go to MySoftware.esko.com/subscriptions > Unassigned subscriptions.
- Select the user and click Unassign.
- The user will receive an e-mail that his subscription is unassigned, and the subscription will be automatically removed from the user's computer.
You can immediately assign the subscription to another user (you don't need to wait until the subscription is removed from the user's computer).
What if a user lost his subscription?
Users won't lose their subscription. As long as they know their Esko ID, they can sign in on any computer. If a user's computer got damaged, he can reinstall the software, he will again be asked to sign in and he can continue working.
Questions about signing in and signing out
How do I sign in?
- Download the software
- Via the link in the assignment e-mail from your administrator
- Or via mysoftware.esko.com (sign in with your Esko ID)
- Install the software (follow the on-screen instructions)
- Launch the software and choose 'I have an Esko ID...'.
- Fill in your e-mail address and password and click Sign in.
- You're now signed in, and you can start using the software.
How do I sign out?
- Make sure you've saved all your work.
- Go to Help > Sign Out.
- for Cape: File > Sign Out and exit.
- for Esko plug-ins: Help > Esko > Subscriptions....
- You're now signed out and you can sign in on another computer
What if I forgot to sign out?
No worries, you can still start working on another computer as follows:
- Launch the software and sign in. You will get a warning that you're still signed in on your old computer.
- Check Sign Out Remotely and continue.
- You can now work on the new computer.
What if my computer has crashed?
You can recover your subscription as follows:
- Reinstall the software (if needed).
- Launch the software and sign in. You will get a warning that you're still signed.
- Check Sign Out Remotely and continue.
- You can now work again.
Can I work offline?
Yes you can, but you need to be online to start using your subscription (= when you sign in) and every month to make sure your subscription gets renewed. In between it's perfectly OK to work offline for a few days.
How can I see that I'm signed in?
- For ArtiosCAD, ArtPro+, Cape and Studio Toolkit:
- Go to the Help menu (if you're signed in, you will be able to sign out and you can see with which Esko ID you're signed in).
- For plug-ins in Illustrator
- Go to Help > Esko > Subscriptions...
- For plug-ins in Photoshop:
- Go to File > Automate > Esko Subscriptions...
Can I share an Esko ID with a colleague?
No, an Esko ID should always be linked to one physical person and cannot be shared among different people.
How can I upgrade to the latest version?
As part of your subscription, you always have access to the latest version of the software. You're not forced to upgrade, you can do it whenever it suits you:
- Go to https://mysoftware.esko.com/Products.
- Download and install the latest version of your product.
- Start working!
Can I downgrade to an older version of the software?
No, this is not possible. Before purchasing, you need to verify whether your environment meets the system requirements of the application you want to subscribe to.
Can I access the software via remote desktop?
No, this is not possible.
For customers with a local subscription
What is different compared to my current subscription?
Your current subscription is locked to your computer by activating a product key (format: ABCDEF-GHIJKL-MNOPQR-STUVWX-YZ1324), while new subscriptions are linked to a user and you don't need to activate anymore.
What changes for me right now?
Nothing, your subscription keeps on working as before:
- You can update to the latest version of the software to enjoy the latest features.
- You can still activate and deactivate your subscription license to work on another computer:
- via the Esko Local License Manager
- via the dialog that pops up when launching the software (choose I received an HTML file with a Product Key and follow the on-screen instructions).
If you want to purchase an additional subscription, it will always be a named user subscription.
How can I switch my local subscription to a named user subscription?
Switching from your existing local subscription to a named user subscription is straightforward. We won’t change your subscription contract (your billing details, renewal dates and pricing all remain the same).
- Contact Esko Support and ask to switch your local subscription to a named user subscription.
- Provide your Esko company code and your Esko order number (which you can find on any invoice and in the e-mail communication about your subscription).
- You will receive an e-mail with instructions to start using your named user subscription shortly.
- Install the latest version of the software.
- Deactivate your existing local subscription license (in the Esko Local License Manager).
- Launch the software and sign in with your Esko ID.
- You're all set!
Esko all software products available as a subscription