These are the minimum requirements for reasonable performance of the described products. They will help you decide whether the equipment you are currently using remains viable. If you are considering new equipment, bear in mind that these requirements are minimum, not optimal. Exceeding these specifications will in general lead to enhanced performance.
System requirements for PlatePrep, PlatePatcher and Digital Flexo Suite
- CPU: Intel Dual Core processor
- Memory: Minimum 2GB RAM, recommended 4GB RAM
- Harddisk: An NTFS volume is required. The software takes maximum 1GB of disk space. But take into account the need for storage of temporary and production data. A backup solution is strongly advised. Recommended Raid 0 with 2 x 500GB
- Network: 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet, TCP/IP v4 protocol, TCP/IP v6 protocol is not supported. Recommended 1Gbit network board
- Video Card: Minimum 1280 x 1024 resolution, true color depth
- CD/DVD: DVD-ROM drive
- Virtualization: tested with VMWare V6.0 and above as well as Sun Virtual Box 3.0, Virtualization on MAC OSX10.4.11 with Parallels Build 3214 possible but not tested - "Coherent Mode" must be disabled
- FTP Server installed and enabled
- Disabled firewall, disabled UAC (User Account Control)
- Grapholas 5.5 MR2 on the CDI, Recommended Grapholas 10.1 on CDI
- Compatibility: If you intend to run other applications as well on this hardware, make sure to check compatibility with the specifications of all other applications as well
- Remote Support: Esko Customer Support is using TeamViewer as a solution for remote access and support over the Internet, it can be downloaded from http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx
Operating Systems compatibility matrix:
32 bit 64 bit SP1 SP2 SP3 SP1 SP2 SP3 Home Edition NO NO NO NO Professional Edition NO NO NO YES NO NO NO NO
32 bit 64 bit SP1 SP2 SP1 SP2 Windows Vista Starter NO NO NO Windows Vista Home Basic NO NO NO NO NO NO Windows Vista Home Premium NO NO NO NO NO NO Windows Vista Business NO NO YES NO NO NO Windows Vista Enterprise NO NO YES NO NO NO Windows Vista Ultimate NO NO YES NO NO NO
32 bit 64 bit SP1 SP1 Windows 7 Home Basic NO NO NO NO Windows 7 Home Premium NO NO NO NO Windows 7 Professional YES* YES NO NO Windows 7 Enterprise YES* YES NO NO Windows 7 Ultimate YES* YES NO NO
32 bit SP1 SP2 SP3 SP4 Windows 2000 Professional NO NO NO NO YES Windows 2000 Server NO NO NO NO NO Windows 2000 Advanced Server NO NO NO NO NO Windows 2000 Datacenter Server NO NO NO NO NO
Windows Server 2003
32 bit 64 bit SP1 SP2 SP1 SP2 Windows Server 2003 Standard YES YES YES NO NO NO Windows Server 2003 Enterprise YES YES YES NO NO NO Windows Server 2003 Datacenter YES YES YES NO NO NO Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard YES YES NO NO Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise YES YES NO NO Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter YES YES NO NO
Windows Small Business Server 2003 is not supported
Windows Server 2003 Web is not supported
Windows Server 2008
32 bit 64 bit SP2 SP2 Windows Server 2008 Standard YES YES NO NO Windows Server 2008 Enterprise YES YES NO NO Windows Server 2008 Datacenter YES YES NO NO
Windows Small Business Server 2008 is not supported
Windows Web Server 2008 is not supported
Windows Server 2008 HPC Edition is not supported
Windows Server 2008 R2
64 bit SP1 Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard NO NO Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise NO NO Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter NO NO
Windows Small Business Server 2008 is not supported
Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation is not supported.
Windows Web Server 2008 R2 is not supported
Windows Server 2008 R2 HPC Edition is not supported
* Recommended operating system.
- For more info about Windows memory limitation, please consult this table.
- Installing and using Esko software on a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services server (Microsoft, Citrix,…) is not supported, except for non-subscription versions of Cape Pack. You cannot run Esko software with local licenses via Remote Desktop.
- Although we don't expect issues with Microsoft OS patches, Esko only guarantees support on the official MS Service Pack (SP) level, not on individual OS patches. PC's for Esko applications (editors, rips or servers) must not be configured as WebServers (IIS), Network Domain Controllers (Active Directory), DNS Server, DHCP Server, WINS Server, SQL Server, or MailServer. The Automation Engine Server is allowed to be a Member Server in a Windows Active Directory domain. However, Esko can not test all possible configurations. Contact your regional Customer Service Center in case of specific questions.
- A single processor with hyperthreading enabled is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations. A dual core processor is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations.
- Esko software will only work with properly licensed versions of operating systems and other software. Esko is not responsible for any loss of functionality due to use with unlicensed software. Esko will not provide assistance in installing software on equipment lacking properly licensed software.
For more in-depth technical information, search our Knowledge Base.
Digital Flexo Suite