These are the minimum requirements for reasonable performance of the described products. They will help you decide whether the equipment you are currently using remains viable. If you are considering new equipment, bear in mind that these requirements are minimum, not optimal. Exceeding these specifications will in general lead to enhanced performance.
Pack Proof System Requirements
Part of Esko Software
Pack Proof is a combination of two components:
- Imaging Engine
- The Esko Proof Server
Both components may be installed on the same machine or on different machines.
For the minimum requirements we refer to the dedicated pages (when running both components on the same machine, the most restrictive requirements are to be used).
Imaging Engine requirements
Please check the page that has the same version number as the Pack Proof version you are planning to install.
Esko Proof Server requirements
The Esko Proof Server version inside Pack Proof might be of a lower version number than the Pack Proof version itself. Please use the below table to be guided to the correct Esko Proof Server requirements page for the PackProof version you are about to install.
|Pack Proof Version||Esko Proof Server Version|
Esko Proof Server requirements
|23.03||23.03||Pack Proof - System Requirements for Esko Proof Server 23|
|22.11||20.0||Pack Proof - System Requirements for Esko Proof Server 20|
|21.03||18.0||Pack Proof - System Requirements for Esko Proof Server 18|
Supported Proofing Devices
KB412344657: Pack Proof - What are the supported devices and media
- Installing and using Esko software on a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services server (Microsoft, Citrix,…) is not supported, except for non-subscription versions of Cape Pack. You cannot run Esko software with local licenses via Remote Desktop.
- Although we don't expect issues with Microsoft OS patches, Esko only guarantees support on the official MS Service Pack (SP) level, not on individual OS patches. PC's for Esko applications (editors, rips or servers) must not be configured as WebServers (IIS), Network Domain Controllers (Active Directory), DNS Server, DHCP Server, WINS Server, SQL Server, or MailServer. The Automation Engine Server is allowed to be a Member Server in a Windows Active Directory domain. However, Esko can not test all possible configurations. Contact your regional Customer Service Center in case of specific questions.
- A single processor with hyperthreading enabled is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations. A dual core processor is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations.
- Esko software will only work with properly licensed versions of operating systems and other software. Esko is not responsible for any loss of functionality due to use with unlicensed software. Esko will not provide assistance in installing software on equipment lacking properly licensed software.
- Please be aware that virus scanner updates and OS system updates will have an influence on the performance of the Esko software. We advise to perform these updates out of production hours.
For more in-depth technical information, search our Knowledge Base.