- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
After installing the 2019-01 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB4480970) update on Windows 2008 R2 sp1 servers, network shares are no longer accessible to Esko products.
After installing the Windows Security update KB4480970, network shares are no longer accessible!.
The problem affects all Esko Products that are accessing network shares on Windows 2008R2 sp1 servers with the Windows Security update in question. Some examples:
- macOS MacOS workstations can no longer access any of the shares from Automation Engine needed for DeskPack (DeskPackContainer, bg_data_cms_v010, etc.).
- the SystemAccount The System Account no longer has access to JobContainers Automation Engine Containers and the JobContainer Automation Engine Container is offline.
- Image Engine: task fails with error "Error code: 111, JDFPlayer ERROR: (from JDF SDK) Streams"
or the task disappears in Pilot when ripping to a network share.
- FlexripFlexRip: does not start, caused by no access to the CMS share.
- WebcenterWebCenter: All Publish and Modify Tasks to WebCenter from Automation Engine fail. The Automation Engine Task Log provides task log file contains the following error: "Document filespec is not accessible by the application server". See KB89429286"
Content by Label showLabels false showSpace false cql label = "89429286" and space = currentSpace()
The update KB4480970 is is described at Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4480970/windows-7-update-kb4480970
On that page they describe known issues with the update, and we seem to hit match the 3rd one: Local users who are part of the local “Administrators“ group may not be able to remotely access shares on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 machines after installing the January 8th, 2019 security updates.
This does not affect domain accounts in the local "Administrators" group.
Microsoft has made available a solution for this problem via KB4487345. Unfortunately this is not appearing (as of ) in the automatic updates when searching for new Windows Updates, and needs to be downloaded manually: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4487345
The solution listed above is the recommended fix for this issue. If for some reason you are unable to install the Microsoft-supplied update that resolves the issue, you can also:
- Make BGSYSTEM a domain account: only possible if the customer does have a domain, and will need to be done everywhere (all PCs involved – automatically or manually), see KB88834269 to see
to configure Automation Engine Service in a domain.
Content by Label showLabels false showSpace false cql label = "88834269" and space = currentSpace()
- Upgrade the OS of the server to a newer version.
Image Engine,Flexrip ,