- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Share & Approve has extensive support for combining graphic documents (
ARD files for folding carton boxes or Collada files for molded plastic containers. The Share & Approve Viewer can visualize the graphics onto the 3-dimensional shape, showing the package in an interactive 3D widget. This article guides you on how to setup a 3D visualization from within the Share & Approve Viewer.
Before a Collada file (.
No special preparation is needed for
- Upload the graphic and structural files to a folder on your Share & Approve site.
- Open the graphic file in the Viewer by clicking the document thumbnail.
- Click the 3D Button in the top menu bar. The 3D Setup widget appears.
- In the 3D Setup widget, click the Shape drop-down list and select Find more documents.
- A popup appears showing all the structural documents (
ARD) you have access to. Files in the same folder as the
- Ensure that the Apply Graphics to Model checkbox is selected in the 3D Setup widget.
- If multiple Printable Areas are present in the structural document, select the right area in the Label drop-down list.
Select a finishing profile from the Finishing Profile drop-down list.
For more information on Finishing Profiles see:
- Click Preview to see the settings in effect. If you are an Editor or an Approval Master, you can save the settings. Share & Approve will show the 3D view the next time a user opens the document.
Share & Approve all versions