- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This article describes how to improve the speed of the view file generation.
Steps to improve the Performance of View Data Generation:
By default, the OBGE polls the Hot Folder once a minute to see if there are view data requests to process. To decrease this wait to 5 seconds, do the following on the Application Server:
- Log in as admin or as a member of the Admin group on the Application Server.
- Open a Command Prompt window and change to the
Cdrive by typing
C:\and pressing Enter.
- Change the directories by typing
cd \esko\bg_prog_fastservcltnt_vXXX\com_winwhere XXX is your OBGE version (for Esko Software Suite 7, it is 070). Press Enter.
cfsedt2and press Enter.
- Log in to the Esko BackStage / Automation Engine Configuration Tool using admin as both username and password. The server should be the name of the Application Server.
- Expand Servers > Hot Folders > Properties.
- Select hf.pollinterval in the left pane.
- In the right pane, change 60 to 5. Make sure to keep the beginning and ending double quotation marks.
- Click Change.
The OBGE will now poll the Hot Folder every 5 seconds instead of once every minute.
WebCenter all versions